Monday, May 3, 2010

Let Them Eat CupCake!


Aqua Couture dress, House of Harlow ring, Chanel Nail Vernis in Nouvelle Vague

Now that I'm slowly approaching my mid-20's, the dinner+club Birthday routine just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Instead, I celebrated my birthday this weekend with my favorite ladies over afternoon tea. It was just what I wished for: simple and sweet.

Every year around this time, I tend to feel that there's a lot more I wanted to accomplish by 20, 21, 22... But this year is different. I'm starting to identify with the saying "live for the journey, not the destination." It's true, we often set goals and beat ourselves up on days like New Years, Birthdays etc. But no one counts the incremental changes and accomplishments that occur everyday. I chose my birthday dress to reflect what I wanted for the year ahead - Bright and bold. This will be the year to take chances, stay positive, and see every opportunity as an experience.






I'll leave the contents of the box for a post all on its own...

A dozen helium balloons = major photo-op! I had a little fun before the girls arrived. It wasn't until they arrived that I realized these balloons were in baby-shower colors, oh well :)


xo,

TWITTER
FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment