Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Closet Chic: Cindy



As if the clever Blog title wasn't enough to get your attention, Cindy of Come Over to the Dark Side, We have Candy is known for her effortless rock-chic style. Yes, she does love her Black, Grey, White, and more Black outfits! Cindy is incredibly creative with her ensembles and continues to inspire readers around the world to take a chance on the "dark side". Here's a closer look into her closet:





The Interview...

Name, Age, Location
Cindy, 25 years old from the Netherlands.

CFON: How would you describe the style/theme of your closet?
Cindy: I wanted to create a room where I could feel like I was shopping in my own little store every day. Me and my bf both wanted to have or own space so we've created a female / male part. Mine on one wall, his on the other. It doesn't have a theme or anything because we haven't really accessorize it yet.

CFON: What's your Favorite item from your closet and why?
Cindy: My favorite item or part from my closet is the painting my grandpa made for me. The original is actually 4000 euros and it was too pricy for me since I had just decorated my entire first house so I've asked my 80 year old grandpa if he could do a copy of it because I really loved the vibe of the painting. And this one is now so much more valuable to me and I will always treasure it since painting is the world to my grandpa and he to me! :)

CFON: How do you keep your closet organized and what do you do with clothes that you no longer wear?
Cindy: By keeping it tidy, I go crazy if I can't find something that I want to wear. So I try to tidy it up after every I.don't.know.what.to.wear-war. I also hang my clothing by colour or more black by black, grey by grey & white by white haha. The clothes that I no longer wear I put for sale on eBay or just give them to charity. I don't have clothes in my closet that I don't wear, first I store them in boxes and dump them in another room and if I don't miss the items that are in that box I give them away.

CFON: Do you have any advice to those looking to build a dream closet?
Cindy: You can easily create a walk in closet for yourself. If you have the space just visit a DIY home store or a IKEA and see what your options are. Most people think that it costs a fortune to have a walk in closet but that's really not true! Just be creative! :)

CFON: Any tips on storing belts, scarves, and accessories?
Cindy: I store my belts, scarves and accessories in old UGG boots boxes haha! So maybe someone could better give me some advice instead of me giving it.

CFON: Why do you think many women often feel like they have a "closet full of nothing"?
Cindy:I don't even know why I feel like that. I do know that everyone thinks I'm crazy for feeling that way!

Visit Cindy's Blog: Come over to the dark side, we have candy.

xo,

TWITTER
FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment