Thursday, May 20, 2010

Angel, I stole your wings


Asos Feather Cape, Hero Crane dress, House of Harlow rings, Miu Miu ballet flats


There's a certain luxury associated with feathers. It's hard to deny their beauty and I simply couldn't resist the soft shade these came in. Despite the duties I had to pay to have this shipped (which cost nearly as much as the cape), I'm more than happy with this purchase and can't wait to wear it for a special event.

The Hero Crane free form nude number was an amazing score from the Aritzia Warehouse sale last month. The Miu Miu flats were a birthday present to myself/taking advantage of a sale. Running the promotion on my birthday was a great move by the store, not so great for my wallet! A friend recently told me that whenever there's a bow involved in a shoe, there's always at least one person at a factory who's on "bow" duty - to measure, cut, tie, and repeat. What I love about the bows on these Miu Miu's is that they're not perfect. The back side of the leather is exposed and the two bows are shaped differently, yet they still look perfect in the most organic way. Gotta appreciate that kind of craftsmanship!







xo,

TWITTER
FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment