Monday, January 18, 2010

Little Teal Riding Hood


Asos belted cape coat, Aldo ankle boots, Banana Republic earrings

Yes, I stole Blair Waldorf's signature look and I'm not giving it back.  The other day, one of the buttons of my old favorite Zara coat popped off, and then I realized how worn out it was from our Vancouver winters.  I guess this wasn't all bad, as it meant I was due for a new coat!  I was looking for something other than a traditional black peacoat; something classy yet unique.  So there I was on my routine ASOS browse-through, when I saw this gorgeous teal cape coat: it's feminine, lady-like, and everything I was looking for! There was a fair share of capes on recent runways (Thakoon, Derek Lam, Marc Jacobs, and many more).  I was always intrigued by them.  In fact my fav childhood outfit was this purple cape! I remember being super embarrassed when my mom made me stand infront of the playground for photos... while other kids were swinging on monkey bars behind me.  I have to find these pics and post them soon!  It's safe to say I've always been a fan of capes.  I just love the way it falls... this coat almost feels like a dress!  If there's one bad thing about them is that you have to opt for a satchel instead of a shoulder bag.  Although, I imagine a messenger might work too :)

This got me thinking... can a statement piece also be an investment piece? I say Yes. I can see myself wearing this coat 5, 10 years down the road!... if it still fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment