Friday, October 8, 2010

Love at First Fit


BCBG sweater, BDG tee, Seven jean shorts, Brian Atwood pumps, MBMJ clutch

I had read about Atwood's "Cinderella Factor" - what he describes as the instantaneous transformation that occurs when a woman slides her foot into the magical shoe. After much thought and deliberation on how I'd ever wear light colored suede shoes in rainy Vancouver, I decided to take the risk and tried on these Brian Atwood lilac suede "Loca" pumps at Lane Crawford in Hong Kong. The transparent panels reminded me of glass slippers. When these whimsical pumps perfectly hugged my size 38 feet, I knew I had to get them. After all, I was in duty-free shopping heaven and it was love at first fit.

Three months later, I finally took these lavender pumps out for some fresh air on what was probably the last warm day left in Vancouver. With gold-tone studs, almond-shaped toe, 5.5 inches plus another inch of concealed platform, and transparent plexi panels, these pumps definitely make a statement. They can make you feel sexy and confident even in the simplest ensemble - tee, shorts, and a cozy knit.







TWITTER
FACEBOOK
BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment