Saturday, August 7, 2010

Time Travelers


Club Monaco top, F21 skirt, Steve Madden sandals, Michael Kors bag, Harriet Grey ring from BeautyMark

Like most girls, I both love and hate the humidity.  Despite walking around the city feeling like a steamed bun, the moisture acted like a miracle product giving volume and texture to my usually straight, heavy, and lifeless hair! It was also nice having the bestie do a French braid for me the night before our adventure into historic China. She flew over from Korea for the weekend and we managed to squeezed in all the major sites in 4 short days -- the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven to name a few. Together with J, we were the 3 musketeers roaming the through the city eating Peking duck, bargaining at Silk Street Market, and (sadly) getting scammed by pedicab drivers. It was amazing sharing a piece of Beijing with them.

Keeping wardrobe choices light, short, and breathable was key to surviving the heat on this trip. The yellow silk top was from a few seasons ago but I still love the pick-me-up color and the origami details. The cotton floral skirt has bits of yellow to compliment the vibrant colored top and I opted for simple sandals and belt in neutrals to avoid looking like I'm heading to the circus. One thing I missed? Sunblock on my feet. I have to live with a hideous sandal tan for the next little while!







TWITTER
FACEBOOK
BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment