Sunday, June 20, 2010

Orchidea


Sans Souci floral romper, F21 ring, Zara belt, Chanel & HRH Collection pearls, YSL tribute sandals

How could 5 3/4" towering heels be comfortable? Well, you can put that question to rest when you've tried a pair of YSL platform sandals! I recently treated myself to a pair during the Neiman Marcus sale. For me, the golden rule when it comes to purchasing a pair of designer shoes is that I need to make sure I'll still love & wear them in 5 years time. I believe in the investment of timeless, classic pieces, and by asking myself this question before each purchase, I've avoided quite a few overly "trendy" pairs I know I'd regret today. These Yves Saint Laurent Tribute sandals have been on my mind ever since they were introduced in 2007. Dozens of colors, materials, and trims later, these platform sandals have truly become iconic in present day 2010. The yearly remake of the now classic sandal means the seasonal ones often go on sale, which is how I ended up snatching these in the color "Orchidea".  Classic shoes in a striking purple and matte "painted" leather at 30% off, it was hard to say no! They perfectly compliment the floral romper I got from a store in Toronto called Mendocino Clothing. I spent some time at one of their locations looking through their fantastic collection of brands from LA, NYC, etc - I think an expansion to Vancouver is in order!

Ps. Thanks Alexandra for the "Coco" mixed chain necklace with pearls! The Coco Chanel inspired necklace from HRH Collection is available on Etsy: blueaudi!







xo,

TWITTER
FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment